Visit Longmont Board Vacancies
Application Process & Current Vacancies
Boards, Committees and Commissions - Vacancies and Application
The City Council seeks applications from citizens interested in serving on boards, committees or commissions through a bi-annual recruiting process. Look for advertisements around September and March of each year. For information about the duties and responsibilities of the boards and commissions, please visit each board's page. All positions are on a volunteer basis and are non-paying.
IMPORTANT NOTE: A separate application must be filled out for each individual board on which you wish to serve.
- Please follow the link below to apply online. You will see a confirmation page thanking you for submitting your application after you click "Submit". If you do not see this confirmation page, please call the City Clerk's Office to confirm your application has been received. You may also choose to download the application and turn it in as opposed to applying online.
- City Clerk's Staff will contact all applicants to schedule an interview time after the application acceptance date closes. Applicants are encouraged to attend the interviews.
- City Council will make appointments at a Regular Session meeting.
- Applicants are contacted the day after appointments to notify them as to whether or not they were appointed.
PLEASE READ THE NEW APPLICATION CRITERIA REQUIRED BY COUNCIL:
- Please thoroughly respond to all prompts, even if you are already serving on this board or another board
- Please complete a separate application for each board, committee or commission position for which you are applying
- Board Members reapplying to serve are asked to submit a new application each time they apply
- All applicants are required to complete the Conflict of Interest Disclosure
- New applicants must have attended a meeting of the board for which they are applying
- Applicants may be invited to brief interviews with City Council
- Appointments are made at the discretion of the Longmont City Council
- Please feel free to attach a resume or additional pages if you need more space
- If you are not appointed, your application will be kept on file for one year per the City’s Retention Schedule
- Applicants shall have lived in the City of Longmont for one year prior and have been a qualified elector of the City of Longmont (registered voter) for one year prior to appointment *
- Applicants may only serve on one City of Longmont Board, Committee or Commission at a time
- Board members are limited to two consecutive terms (except for the Master Board of Appeals)
- Current board members re-applying for their position with three or more unexcused absences during the prior twelve months will not be considered for an interview
*NOTE: Some Boards, Committees and Commissions have different qualifications than these. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office, the Board Liaison, or consult the individual board page for detailed information about special qualifications.
The City of Longmont and the Longmont City Council are currently recruiting for vacancies on the boards listed below:
*Special qualifications required
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5:00 p.m. Friday, November 20, 2020
INTERVIEW NOTICE: Interviews for boards and commissions will take place virtually (due to the coronavirus pandemic)
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE NOTE: The online application does not work well if you are using a mobile device (cell phone, for example). Please use a laptop or desktop computer to complete the online board application. If you do not own a computer, you can pick a paper copy of the application up in the City Clerk's Office, 350 Kimbark St.
When submitting your application online, you will see a confirmation page thanking you for submitting your application after you click "Submit". If you do not see this confirmation page, please call the City Clerk's Office at (303) 651-8649 to confirm your application has been received.
- Complete your application and bring it to the City Clerk's Office, 350 Kimbark St., Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
- Fax it to (303) 774-4721 to the attention of the City Clerk's Office
- E-mail it to City Clerk's Office