Built in 1886, this historical building served as Longmont's first college. The building was constructed by the Longmont Presbyterian Collage as the first series of buildings planned for a larger campus. Those plans never came to life, but this historical landmark still stands. The two-story structure was built in the Second Empire style of architecture noted for its mansard roof inspired by Napoleon III's French Renaissance. In 1949 the building was converted to apartments and still serves that purpose today. The building received historic landmark status in 1978.