Features changing and permanent exhibits in art, science, and history, and it also participates in the largest Day of the Dead celebration in the state. The museum’s 250-seat Stewart Auditorium hosts films, lectures, and performances of all types.
The impressive brick residence and the utilitarian, frame farm buildings are inextricablt linked to each other and to Longmont’s agricultural past. On January 1999, Hoverhome and Hover Farmstead were added onto the National Register of Historic Places.
Sandstone Ranch Visitors & Learning Center is a historic property that was first homesteaded in 1860 by the Coffin family. The house (now the Visitors & Learning Center) and property sit on 313 acres of land abundant in natural, cultural and historic resources.
This historic Victorian home is a warm and lovely backdrop for elegant and memorable special events from dinner parties to weddings. The gardens are open for visitors all-year.
Old Mill Park was dedicated August 1, 1976 for historical and educational purposes. Containing original buildings, plantings, and artifacts, it has been designated a landmark by the City of Longmont.
Old St. Stephen’s Church was built in 1881 as the first home for the congregation of St. Stephen’s Episcopal parish. Designated a local historic landmark and also listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Old St. Stephen’s continues to be owned and maintained by the Historical Society. Visitors are able to enjoy the historic ambience of the historic plaza surrounding the church and can tour the building on an appointment basis.