Longmont is the perfect place for getaway with your furry friend! There are many activities, hotels and eateries that are pet-friendly in and around town:
Spend the day outdoors! There are many adventures to choose from:
- Union Reservoir is a 736-acre body of water providing recreational opportunities all-year round. Originally called Calkins Lake, the reservoir was carved out during the last glacial age and is one of only a few natural lakes in Colorado.
Highlights: A dog off-leash area is located on the south side of the reservoir. Dogs also may swim in this designated area. A great place to take Fido on a hot, summer day! Rocky Mountain Paddle Board also operates out of Union Reservoir with paddle-board rentals so both you and your pup can get out on the water!
- McIntosh Lake offers 3.5 miles of easy walking trails and beautiful views of the Rocky Mountains, most notably Longs Peak and Mt. Meeker. It is a scenic walk for you and your dog, but they must remain on a leash.
- With a magnificent view of Longs Peak and the Front Range, Golden Ponds park features 94 acres with 56 acres of water surface in four ponds. Another great outdoors spot to enjoy but pets need to remain on a leash.
- Rabbit Mountain Open Space is the easternmost point of the foothills in Boulder County. The Ron Stewart Preserve at Rabbit Mountain is rich with human history, geological features, and an abundance of plants and wildlife. A great place for an afternoon hike, with stunning views! Dogs are allowed on all trails in this natural area.
- The St. Vrain Greenway links numerous parks and runs five miles along St. Vrain Creek. Existing trail-heads can be found at Golden Ponds, Rogers Grove, Boulder County Fairgrounds, Izaak Walton Pond, the sundial area at South Pratt Parkway, at First Avenue near the Fire Training Center and the western end of the Harvest Junction North commercial development. Wonderful walking trails to enjoy the river with your dog.
- Lagerman Agricultural Preserve, formerly Lagerman Reservoir, is a place enjoyed by dog-walkers with 6.5 miles of pet-friendly trails, perfect for a morning walk.
- Pella Crossing Open Space is located just west of Longmont in Hygiene and offers fishing areas and walking trails. Dogs are allowed on all trails in this open space.
There are also quite a few city parks that have designated off-leash dog areas:
- Dog Park #1 is located at the corner of 21st and Francis Streets and is an all-access dog park with places to roam and play off-leash.
- Dog Park #2 is located just west of the corner of Airport Road and St. Vrain Road and is an all-access dog park with places to roam and play off-leash.
- This nine-acre neighborhood park is located along (and named for) the historic Rough and Ready Ditch – one of Longmont’s oldest irrigation ditches. Rough and Ready Park includes an off-leash dog exercise area, perfect for your pup to run around and play.
- Blue Skies Park is an 11-acre park located at 1520 Mountain Drive which features an off-leash dog park.
- Stephen Day Dog Park is on the corner of East Mountain View Avenue and Deerwood Drive.The park features another off-leash dog exercise area.
Here is the list of dog-friendly places to grab a craft beverage and meal after a day of outdoor fun:
- Brewhop Trolley
- Oskar Blues’ Tasty Weasel Taproom
- GrossenBart Brewery
- Shoes & Brews Brewery
- Bootstrap Brewing
- Wibby Brewing
- 300 Suns Brewing (Dogs are allowed on the patio only)
- Pumphouse Brewery & Restaurant (Dogs are allowed on the patio only)
- Longs Peak Pub (Dogs are allowed on the patio only)
- Collision Brewing (Dogs are allowed on the patio only)
- Primitive Brewing (Dogs are allowed on the patio only)
- The Rib House (Dogs are allowed on the patio only)
- Georgia Boys (Dogs are allowed on the patio only)
Looking for a place to stay with your pet during your visit? Below is a list of pet-friendly hotels:
- Best Western Plaza Hotel– Pet policy: two pets up to 80 lbs for an additional fee of $20 per night. Guests traveling with pets must call (877) 411-3436 prior to booking to verify availability.
- Super 8 Twin Peaks– Pet Policy: two pets up to 20 lbs for an additional fee of $10 per pet, per night. Guests traveling with pets must call (877) 411-3436 prior to booking to verify availability.
- Candlewood Suites– Pet Policy: two dogs up to 80 lbs for a fee of $30 per pet, per stay.
- Holiday Inn Express– Pet Policy: two pets of any size for an additional fee of $30 per room, per stay, for stays up to seven nights.
- St. Vrain Campground– Pet Policy: dogs are allowed at St. Vrain Campground and trails, but they must be kept on a leash. For more information on pet restrictions, please call (303) 678-9402.
Need a place to take your furry friend during the day while you go out an enjoy Longmont? Check out these doggy day-care facilities in Longmont:
*Information is subject to change as establishment policies may change suddenly.