Walk Description: Walk2Connect and Longmont Downtown Development Authority are excited to offer this unique tour that will showcase different options of living downtown Longmont: market rate affordable housing, historic buildings, senior living, and projects in the works. We will enter some places, while others will just be pointed out on our route.
Walk Leader: Ana M Lucaci is a member-owner of Walk2Connect co-op and founder of Made2Walk. She has used walking as a means of transportation for many years, particularly while growing up and working in Eastern Europe. She lived in Longmont and Longmont area for the past 10 years and has many stories about cities around the world.
Schedule and Planning: Meet in front of Roosevelt Park Apartments at 5:30 PM, by the Roosevelt statue. The is plenty of street parking or in the apartments building (free after 5 PM). With RTD PnR just behind the building, you can arrive by local or regional buses that lead into Longmont (BOLT, LX,LD, 323-326). Zagster bikes are also available for pick up or drop off at the entrance of Roosevelt Park. We will finish around 7:30 pm.
– Please plan to arrive before 5:30 PM to complete waiver and use restroom, if needed.
– No dogs.
– Wear comfortable walking shoes with non-cotton socks, dress in layers and/or waterproof gear and bring water.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Text the walking leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience this year.
RSVP: Use the option below, the tour is limited to 25 people ! You can reach Ana by phone/text at 303.960.4495 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH