This 17-mile ramble, open to the public as part of the Life@3MPH Summit (http://www.walk2connect.com/summit2019/) offers beautiful views of the Front Range and plenty of sunshine while connecting three Boulder County municipalities: Longmont, Niwot, and Boulder. We'll plan to take 8.5 hours for the journey, including stops for lunch at Snarf's and tea at Celestial Seasonings. You can either opt in for the entire ramble or join us at any of 4 alternative starting points, all accessible by transit (please note the Saturday schedule on the RTD website). Come out for a fun fall walk in great company!
Please choose the walk length that is right for you - start at any of the following points, at the listed times:
• Starting Point 1, Mile 0, 9 a.m.: Begin at the City of Longmont Recreation Center, 310 Quail Rd. Get here via the BOLT bus, or carpool. If driving, park in the north lot by the tennis courts. MEET the group on the path next to the tennis courts.
• Starting Point 2, Mile 6, 11:30 a.m.: Take the BOLT bus to the Niwot Park and Ride and walk to Winot Coffee, 7960 Niwot Rd., where we'll take a 30-minute break for snacks and greeting new people.
• Starting Point 3, Mile 10, 1:30 p.m.: Take the 205 bus to the Gunbarrel Shopping Center and meet up with the group for lunch at Snarf's Sandwiches. We'll take a 45-minute break here.
• Break, Mile 11.7, 3 p.m.: We'll take a quick rest break and enjoy a cup of tea at the Celestial Seasonings Cafe, 4600 Sleepytime Dr., Boulder.
• Starting Point 4a, Mile 12.7, 4 p.m.: Take the 205 bus to the Cottonwood Trailhead off of Jay Rd. **There is no parking here.**
• Starting Point 4b, Mile 14, 4:30 p.m.: You can park in the small lot at the Cottonwood Trailhead off of Independence Rd. and arrange for carpooling back. **There are no bus connections here.**
Go to https://rtd-denver.com/app/plan to search the RTD Trip Planner for ways to take transit to or from your chosen starting and ending points on February 9. Modify the start/end points and arrival time in the Trip Planner to discover the best way to meet us at each point.
Be sure to RSVP and leave a comment with which starting point you're choosing. We'll have a list of people to meet at each point. Please text the walk leader, Darcy, at 303-250-2436 to connect with the group along the way and double-check our ETA. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trip Notes: ~ No dogs, please. ~ Be sure to choose the starting point and walk length that is right for you, and tell us where you'll start. ~ Dress comfortably in layers, with warm boots or shoes, hat, gloves, sunglasses and anything else you need to stay warm and comfortable.
Cancellation Policy: This event will take place regardless of the weather, unless there is a major snowstorm or other dangerous weather. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” (http://www.walk2connect.com/welcomewaiver/) or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience this year.